The purpose of Farmington Junior High is to promote the mission of learning first for all. To accomplish our purpose we provide a safe learning environment, ensure parental involvement, supply a wide variety of curriculum and opportunities for teacher to collaborate so that students have every opportunity to be successful.
Farmington Junior High first opened its doors for the 1982 – 1983 school year. The school started with 28 administration/staff and 577 students. There have been two additions to the school adding more classrooms. Student enrollment is currently growing with enrollment around 1240 students and 60+ administration and staff for the 2019-2020 school year. Farmington Junior is located in Farmington, Utah. Farmington is located 10 miles north of Salt Lake City with Centerville on the south and Kaysville and Fruit Heights on the north. Students attending Farmington Junior live mainly in Farmington. Many of the city residents commute to surrounding communities for work. Farmington City is the county seat of Davis County and houses the County and District Offices. Students attending Farmington Junior High live in many locations in which busing is necessary, 50% of current students are bussed. The main feeder schools for Farmington Junior High are: Farmington, Eagle Bay, Knowlton, and Canyon Creek Elementary Schools. Students leaving Farmington Junior will attend Farmington High School.
Link for Farmington Junior High's Faculty and Staff - /fs/pages/2199
Farmington Junior high lea specific license
- This school employs individuals holding an LEA-specific educator license and/or endorsement.
- An explanation of the types of educator licenses issued by USBE can be found here: https://www.schools.utah.gov/licensing/overview?mid=5284&tid=0
- As of 01/15/2023, this school employs educators with the following types of licensures:
- Professional License - 86.80%
- Associate License - 8.27%
- LEA-specific License - 4.93%
- Not USBE Qualified - 0%
- Individual educator credentials are public information and may be found here: https://cactus.schools.utah.gov/PersonSearch